5 Tips on How to Keep Your Skin Glowing This Fall
Never Outgrow The Glow
To stay glowing, make sure you are drinking plenty of water! Without water, your skin (like any other organ) cannot function properly. Water is one of the most critical components when it comes to your skin receiving nutrients and oxygen.
- Adequate intake for women is about 9 cups (2.2 Liters) of water and adequate intake for men is about 13 cups (3 Liters) of water. (Recommended by Mayo Clinic)
Whip up a Face Mask From the Kitchen
Grab some avocados, uncooked oatmeal, apple cider vinegar, honey, and lemon juice from the fridge!
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Smash all ingredients together.
- Apply mask to your entire face, leaving the eyes clear of any product.
- No really, don’t cover your eyes. May obstruct vision.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove face mask with warm water.
- Finally, follow up with your favorite moisturizer!
(Disclaimer: have not tested this recipe yet. Image & recipe from Nutrition Stripped )
Get Lots & Lots of Sleep
It is very important your body gets approximately eight hours of sleep every night.
> Don’t go by that 6-hour rule. There’s no glow with 6 hours. <
- Your skin is alive just like you and gets tired just like you.
- Little sleep equals little circulation causing that undesirable pale and ghostly look.
- It’s not quite Halloween. You can’t pull off the Casper look just yet!
Remove All Makeup Before Bed
Let your skin breath!! Take off all your makeup before bed. You don’t want to clog your pores which can lead to blemishes and blackheads.
- Maddie (see her articles on beauty HERE) taught us about how coconut oil is great for antibacterial functions (like makeup removal) but not absorb well into your skin and cause breakouts
- Castor Oil is also an anti-bacterial great alternative if you’re prone to breakouts
- A little bit of coconut oil on a gauze pad will do the trick or if you prefer makeup wipes Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes are a great to remove makeup as well (found at most drug stores).
Before Bed Moisturizer
Research shows that moisturizing your skin is crucial (read more).
Hydration from drinking water is essential, but not enough. You must moisturize topically to stay glowing. With that being said one of our favorites moisturize with is Rodan and Fields Overnight Restorative Cream with hyaluronic acid and glycerin which prevent moisture loss while 12 hour, time-released antioxidants A, C and E replenish vital skin nutrients!
What You Sleeping on?!..GIRL
Last but not last..if you’re a side or stomach sleeper there is a place in the world for you! Shhh Silk Pillowcases quickly improves not only your hair, but your glowing skin as well. Sleeping on a silk pillowcase keeps your skin cool making it easier for your body to release anti-aging melatonin. Not to mention you won’t wake up with instant wrinkles from a Shh Silk Pillowcase already looking 80+ years old! Find Shh Pillowcases here →
|| Disclaimer ||
>>This is not a sponsored article. Hey Pretty U or its team members are not compensated for this review but do receive income from the Rodan and Fields product mentioned.
To join our journey on Instagram, follow us HERE
A few more place to read up on things:
Women’s Health Mag
Follow us on our social media accounts for more >>> https://www.instagram.com/heyprettyu/
Stay Pretty Like You
Tressa // @tressaelise